Agreement to Terms & Conditions
By completing the booking process you agree to and are bound by the terms and conditions as described below. This agreement is between you and Airavata Elephant Foundation.
Amendments to Tour Program
• All of the information provided on our website, in brochures and other marketing material is to the best of our knowledge correct and accurate at the time of publication. We ask for your understanding if certain features of the tour deviate from the description, or activities do not proceed exactly as described due to weather or other conditions beyond our control. We will advise you of any changes that are primary to the tour or which we believe will affect the enjoyment of the tour.
• We are respectful of the will of the elephants and will not coerce them to partake in any activities for which they show resistance on any given day, such as bathing in winter time, etc. Our duty of care is to you, your enjoyment, and your safety as well as that of the elephants. No refund shall be offered in the event that the tour deviates from the description of such or does not proceed exactly as described.
• The personal data you submit on the Airavata Elephant Foundation website will be treated with the utmost care and respect and will only be used to create your booking and to contact you if necessary. For this purpose, please ensure that the information provided is accurate.
• We will never sell or share your personal information with a third party, including your email addresses and phone numbers, without your express permission, unless required by law.
• We regret that Airavata Elephant Foundation cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where your tour is cancelled, shortened, delayed or in any way changed as a result of circumstances amounting to ‘Force Majeure’ (unforeseeable circumstances that prevent us from fulfilling our obligations to you as our guest).
• Force Majeure does not constitute either modification or cancellation by us and should be covered by your travel insurance. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, health risks, natural disasters, fire or adverse weather conditions, technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of roads or airports, cancellations or changes of schedules by airlines, government action or advice and all similar circumstances outside our control.
Conduct of Guests
• We ask that guests pay attention to and follow the safety information provided en route to the project, listen to the advice of your tour guide, and always act in a respectful manner toward the elephants, fellow guests, and staff.
• If you fail to follow the advice of the tour guide or project staff, thereby compromising your safety, that of other guests, or the well-being of the elephants, we reserve the right to remove you from the tour.
• Alcohol is available on some tours but drunken behavior that may disturb the elephants or fellow guests is not acceptable.
• The use of Bluetooth speakers or drones at the projects is prohibited to in order to maintain a peaceful environment for guests and elephants.
• We recommend that you have adequate travel insurance. Airavata Elephant Foundation will not accept responsibility for loss of deposit or full payment, loss or damage to baggage and personal items including electronics & camera equipment, personal injury and illness, medical expenses and/or cancellation of your trip due to circumstances beyond our control.
• It is your responsibility to notify us of any disabilities or preexisting medical conditions you (or your children) have that may impact your ability to participate in our tours or any food allergies that you (or your children) may have. You shall be responsible for assessing your own (or that of your children) ability to complete our tours, taking into account your age and level of fitness. We indicate the general fitness level requirements in the description of each tour offered as well as indicate age requirements.
• Vaccinations and preventative medications are entirely the responsibility of the guest.
• We shall attend to all complaints of any nature either directly from you or indirectly from the projects owner/managers. We will be in a position to respond appropriately to your complaint as long as we receive your report no later than 48 hours after the completion of your tour. We will investigate your case and respond appropriately.
• Guests must acknowledge and accept the inherent risks of adventure travel in Asian destinations and associated tour activities. The guest accepts that they undertake the tour and associated travel at his/her own risk. The guest agrees and concedes that Airavata Elephant foundation, its representatives and employees shall not be responsible for loss or damage to possessions, injury or illness or loss of life or consequential damages which might occur from any cause whatsoever, unless directly caused by the company’s negligence.
• Guests are permitted one standard daypack or similar sized bag per/person for day trips to projects. Volunteers are permitted one standard check-in sized rucksack / suitcase / bag & one daypack per person.
• For projects offering volunteering, we provide simple, clean, rustic accommodation. If your visit includes accommodation, it is booked on the understanding that you do not expect luxurious living conditions or a private bathroom, although in certain circumstance this may be available.
Pricing – Adults, Children and Infants
• Adult rates appear on each project description page and apply to persons 12 years and older.
• Child rates are 50% of the adult rate and are applicable to children less than 12 years
• Infants (up to 2 years) can join the projects free of charge (for projects marked suitable for all ages) if not occupying a seat in the car in transit to and from the project.
Online Bookings / Payment
• Online bookings require a 100% deposit to secure your reservation.
Changes to Your Booking One / Half Days Tours
• Changes to your booking can be made 4 days or more before the start date of your tour without incurring a fee.
• If you change your booking less than 4 days prior to the date of your tour, a fee of 15$ per booking will be incurred.
• Leaving the project early does not entitle you to a refund.
Volunteer Projects (One Week)
• Changes to your booking can be made 10 days or more before the start date of your volunteer project stay without incurring a fee.
• If you change your booking less than 10 days prior to the start date of your volunteer protect stay, a fee of 15$ per booking will be incurred.
• You cannot transfer your booking from one volunteer project to another after the booking has been made. You must first cancel your booking with us and make a new booking. Deposits for one volunteer project are non-transferable to another volunteer project.
• Leaving a volunteer project early or changing the duration of your stay does not entitle you to a refund.
Cancellation Fees & Refunds One / Half Days Tours
• If you cancel your booking more than 4 days prior to the tour date, you will receive a refund for the price of the tour, less your 30% deposit.
• If you cancel your booking less than 4 days prior to the date of your tour, no refund will be made.
Volunteer Projects (One Week)
• If you cancel your booking more than 10 days prior to the commencement date of your volunteer project stay, you will receive a refund for the price of the volunteer project stay, less your 30% deposit.
• If you cancel your booking less than 10 days prior to the commencement date of your volunteer project stay, no refund will be made.
All information, text, logos, graphics, images, and other content found on this website are the property of Airavata Elephant foundation, All Rights Reserved.
No materials from Airavata Elephant Foundation website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of site content on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the content or use of the content for any other purpose is a violation of Airavata Elephant Foundation copyright and other proprietary rights. For purposes of this agreement, the use of any such content on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. Journalists and search engines may cite or refer to the URL of this site without limitation.
Sponsor an Elephant!
Sponsoring an elephant is a way to help us secure everything needed to improve an elephant’s living conditions: provision of veterinary care (medicines, treatments…), food (agriculture of food supplements), land (acquisition, fencing) and support the wages of the elephant’s mahout.
As you become an elephant’s sponsor, you will be able to download a high resolution Sponsoring Certificate bearing your name and the elephant’s. You can support any of the elephants listed below. We are not in a position to provide sponsors with regular updates on each elephant. However, we strongly encourage you to register to our Newsletter to stay informed about them and our conservation work.
Thank you very much for your kind support!